Discovering Galileo Galilei
“Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not", and that is how Galileo Galilei found in Florence the right reception for his revolutionary theories on the Universe.
This route has been created to retrace the history of Galileo, from his home to his private and official life, to know and observe his marvellous discoveries that played a key role in the progress of humankind.
A fundamental stage to retrace the history of science, which, with its manifold facets, fascinates those who love it and those who do not, is the "Galileo Galilei" Museum of Science and "La Specola", housed in the famous Palazzo Torrigiani, where the first astronomical observatory of the city was built.
Price per person: 80 euro | Hours: 9:00 am – 2:30 pm
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Route suitable for families;
- Route for everyone;
- LBT Certified Tourist Guide. Thanks to the passion and knowledge of the Certified LBT Guide, you will experience an immersion into a unique and exclusive atmosphere;
- Two Museum admission tickets;
- A photographer with a certified Professional Training. The photographer will accompany you throughout the route, helping you to capture the visually most beautiful aspects and advising you and suggesting you how to choose the best shots, how to make the most of the light in its most fascinating aspects, teaching you the tricks of the great landscape photographers. In addition, the photographer will take beautiful portraits of the while group and of the individual participants immersed in the evocative Tuscan settings;
- Souvenir gifts: You will receive as a souvenir: your photos taken by the photographer sent by e-mail; the certificate of the "Life Beyond Tourism® aware traveller", in digital and paper form; the exclusive “Life Beyond Tourism®” pin.
- 9:00 am meeting on Ponte Vecchio;
- 9:30 am arrival at Galileo Galilei’s House;
- 10:30 am visit to the Galileo Galilei Museum of Science;
- 12:30 am visit to the Museo della Specola (Astronomical Observatory Museum);
- 1:00 pm Lunch: in a restaurant located in the heart of the city’s historic centre, you will have the opportunity to taste excellent local dishes that preserve the authentic Florentine traditions. The guide will tell you the local food and wine history and traditions, completing the journey through the culture, history and art of Florence with an exploration of the local tradition in the kitchen and at the table. The educational visits will start on Tuesday and Saturday with a minimum advance notice of 48 hours.
These routes were organised by APAB as part of Life Beyond Tourism®.
Hotel Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio, Borgo San Jacopo 3/R, 50125 Firenze (FI), Italia
Tel: +39 055 2398711 | Fax: +39 055 2398867 | email@example.com