The Roman Wall
The counter-thrust stone plinth of the Ponte Vecchio upon which the Cerchi family raised a tower that is documented in the records to have been already existing as early as 1210. Later on, the tower belonged to other great Florentine families.
Known as the Torre de’ Rossi, in 1838 on the ground floor on the front overlooking Borgo San Jacopo a niche was opened where a fountain was placed, consisting of a marble basin surmounted by a statue representing Bacchus.
The Tower is now part of the Hotel Pitti Palace Al Ponte Vecchio, and on the 2nd floor the Roman Wall is still visible.
Hotel Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio, Borgo San Jacopo 3/R, 50125 Firenze (FI), Italia
Tel: +39 055 2398711 | Fax: +39 055 2398867 | email@example.com